08 September 2011

Product Review: Majolica Majorica Lash Expander Frame Plus Mascara

If this is the first time you've heard of this brand, it's a Shiseido sister company that has been introduced to the Philippine beauty counters.


I didn't choose this first hand, by the way- it was a gift from my papa's girlfriend, so I don't have any idea about the effects of this mascara.


This is the brush picture on the packaging. You're supposed to apply the mascara in two steps- using the inner curve first (zigzag) and using the outer curve to remove any clumps.


Before I even tried it, I already doubted its magic. I'm not fond of comb-brushes for mascara because it doesn't give me volume (I have long but thin lashes). 


Here's what my eye looks like without makeup. My lashes aren't visible- they're not naturally curled.

Following my mascara routine, I curled my lashes before applying the mascara.
Tip: While a lot of beauty experts say that we shouldn't curl our lashes after putting on mascara, we actually can- depending on your lash strength. Remember to let the mascara dry first before curling to prevent breakage. 


Unedited photo of my eyes after applying the mascara
* Single coat on top lashes and very thin coat on bottom lashes

Pros:
- While I'm not raving about the volume, the visibility is definitely there. Reminds me of the fiberwig mascara I read about (and been wanting to get my hands on!) that adds length and volume to the lashes.
- Personally, I really didn't see any advantage to the comb-like brush and I still prefer the fluffy ones, but it does make the clumping go away.
- Cute packaging- it's Japanese, what do you expect! :)
- No medicated smell unlike other mascaras

Cons:
- Doesn't do much on volume

I'd give it a 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment