06 May 2011

Skin care is the best gift you can give yourself everyday

I once read that men wake up every morning as good looking as they were when they went to bed. Women, on the other hand, somehow deteriorate during the night. That's because most of the female population put a lot of gunk on their faces! And that's why every girl who knows how to put makeup on should also know how to care for her skin. Sure, correctors, concealers and foundations are designed to cover up blemishes, pimples, dark spots and other skin flaws. But sans the makeup, we should be feeling good about how the way our skin really is!

One of the most important beauty secrets is to never sleep with makeup on. The trick is to remove all the gunk on your face before starting your beauty regimen. Recently, I've been using Estee Lauder's Take It Away Gentle Eye and Lip Long Wear Makeup Remover. 



I love this product because it's really as gentle as it says it is (doesn't cause any breakouts!), yet it still is capable of removing long wear makeup. I've been saving up to buy a new makeup remover since I'm almost done with this bottle and I'm going to try Clinique's Take The Day Off Makeup Remover.


I've read somewhere that this is the best makeup remover out in the market so I gotta see for myself!

The next step, and the main point of this entry, is choosing the right cleanser for your skin type. Now it really depends on whether you have oily, combination, or dry skin but I think you should always have at least two kinds of facial cleansers in your home kit. The first one should be something that's a little strong and something that will surely leave your skin free of debris. Currently, I'm using Pond's Pure White Deep Cleansing Facial Foam with Activated Carbon and Vitamin B3.


I was first attracted to this product because of its TVC. It was just advertised so well that I had to try it. The product promises to effectively cleanse your face by means of the activated carbon and I gotta tell you that it does just that! I use this facial cleanser only when I've put makeup on for the day and it leaves my skin feeling extremely clean and fresh. My only problem with this product is that I feel that it's a little too strong for my skin and that's why I follow it up with Johnson's Baby Milk Bath.


So I can be sure that I have squeaky clean skin that's feeling soft and moisturized.

The other facial foam should be less strong than the other one because this one is intended to clean your face and keep it moisturized for when you are just at home, or for days when you don't put makeup on. The one I'm currently using is Dove's Beauty Moisture Facial Foam with 1/4 moisturizing milk. 


I really love products that contain milk so I often purchase those. I strongly recommend this facial foam because it did do wonders to my skin. Not only is my face cleansed and moisturized, it also smells so good! Another good cleanser that I know of is Cetaphil.



This is a brand I swear by with my entire life. It's as gentle as it gets plus it reduces breakouts. The only problem I have with this product is that it doesn't form bubbles, so it doesn't feel like it cleanses your skin that much. Its scent is also a little bit medicated.

I think that cleansing your skin before bed is the best thing you can do for yourself everyday. Never get too tired or too lazy to do it because if you do it religiously, you'll be thanking yourself in no time :-)

All photos courtesy of Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment