20 April 2011

Product review: Maybelline New York Superstay Silky Foundation

I'm a self-confessed makeup buff and I go gaga for liquid foundations, specifically. My latest buy is Maybelline New York's Superstay Silky Foundation.


Photo courtesy of Google Images

This certain foundation is packaged in such a way that a half is the actual foundation and the other half is a translucent silky coverage extender that you get at once with one pump. I got quite intrigued with the packaging, and that's why I bought it in the first place.

The translucent coverage extender works like a primer and it blends with the foundation easily. What I like about this product is that I don't have to put on moisturizer before applying and it still makes my skin look hydrated (but not oily!), plus it comes with SPF 12 sunscreen. The foundation has medium to full coverage, which I love. The product promises a 16-hour flawless coverage which I can attest to as I've worn it five straight days under the heat of the Philippine sun. I perspire heavily, but it doesn't come off easily. 

There are two things I don't like about this product: (1) Though I love the idea of a coverage extender that blends with the foundation as applied, the single pump on the product is not lovable. At the back of the product, it says that at first use, you have to pump several times to get the product dispense evenly. But even after several uses, it does not give out the same amount of both the foundation and the coverage extender unless you shake the bottle. (2) As I said, I love foundations that give maximum coverage, but this product does feel a little heavy on the face. It does not give me a cakey look though, so that's a plus. Still, I wouldn't recommend this product to ladies who have oily skin.

Overall, I love this product and I will continue to use it. I do hope Maybelline starts making this product available locally so I can easily purchase one again when I run out. I am once again taken by another Maybelline New York product! Four and a half stars :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment