30 December 2010

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but it won't hurt to put a little make-up on

I just got back home from checking out Microtel, Mall of Asia. I didn't really enjoy sleeping there, but that's another story altogether. Since I'm really bored, I decided to do a review of the make-up I have in my kit right now. I didn't bring everything, so these are just a handful.

1. Eyes




HENGFANG Eyeliner: Actually I just bought this eyeliner in one of thosetiangges that sell cheap make-up cause I needed a liquid liner ASAP. I got this for only 50php and I gotta say... It's more than worth it! I love it so much cause it's 2-in-1; a liquid liner (with a felt tip brush) and a coal eyeliner which is very easy to apply! I love it even more than my old liquid liner.

MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara: I love emphasizing my eyes because of my long lashes. Of all the mascaras I've tried, I can say this is the best! It doesn't clump my eyelashes, it dries quickly, and it leaves my lashes looking like I just walked out of a lash-extension salon. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone and everyone! :)

Clinique High Impact Eyeshadow: This is the smaller eyeshadow palette located on the middle-left of the photo. What I love about this palette is that it's neutral and light, yet it creates impact on my eyes. Color shades from L-R as seen from L-R in the photo: Graphite, Vintage Wine, Stormy, South Beach, Angelfood.
 
- Estee Lauder Deluxe Eyeshadow Palette: I got this palette from my grandma when she stayed here for a vacation from the US. I bring this with me everywhere because I love the big mirror! Color shades from L-R as seen in photo: Vanilla, Ginger Drop, Sand box, Amethyst, Bronze Cube, Camouflage, Cinnamon, Honey Drop, Mocha Cup, Pale Moon, Mink, Ivory Box, Roseberry Duo (Berry), Roseberry Duo (Rose), Sugar Cube. I use Vanilla to create a shimmer eye, Sand box and Ivory box as bases, Mink to contour my eyebrows, and Sugar Cube to create shimmer on the inner corners of my eyes.

- Ulta Eyeshadow in Haze: This pot has a purplish, brownish effect on the eyes and I use it to line my creases or create smokey eyes.

- Bloom Eyeshadow in Diamond: I mainly use this pot for an eyeshadow base.

- Estee Lauder Duo Eyeshadow: This pot came from a set by Estee Lauder, also given by my grandma. I think she gave out the other pieces of the set to my cousins.

2. Lips



- Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Boise de Rose:Given by my grandma, I love this lipstick because it gives me a shade that's rusty red but not too dark. Perfect for everyday wear, but can also be used for evening make-up.

- Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Candy: Also given by my grandma. I'm not usually a fan of shimmer lipstick, but I like this because of its Barbie-pink shade.

- Revlon Matte Lipstick in Pink Pout: I tried this lipstick on during the time I was with my friend, Grai, in Robinson's Place and I fell in love with it instantly! It gives me a super nude lip that's perfect for when I want to emphasize my eyes.

- Revlon Matte Lipstick in Really Red: I have always loved red lipstick and, without wanting to sound conceited, I think it suits me well because I have thin lips. I've always wanted to get a MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo since they said it's the best red lipstick HANDS DOWN. Until then.. This one is a very good substitute. (Click for the review on The Best Red Lipsticks!)

- The Face Shop Color Shimmer Lipstick in BR802: I love this shade because it gives me a shade that's very close to my natural lip color. Perfect for me for my everyday use.




Color swatches L-R as seen in the photo above: The Face Shop, Revlon in Really Red, Revlon in Pink Pout, Estee Lauder in Candy and Estee Lauder in Bois de Rose

3. Everyday make-up!





- Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals B.B Cream: I tried this out cause I thought it was cool that they only had one shade and it blended with all types of skin colors. I don't know if it actually works, but it did for me. I like it because it's very light; it's okay to use it everyday, and you can use instead of your concealer. What I don't like about it much though is its coverage. I feel that it's minimal, and doesn't do much for me as a foundation.

- i.d. bareMinerals face color in Rose Radiance: I had this pot for a long time already -- my mom gave it to me about two months ago but I only started using it last week when I ran out of my favorite bronzer. I didn't like it at first because it has shimmer and I prefer blushes that have a matte finish, but it's actually really good! It's long lasting and it's just the perfect shade of pink for my skin color :)

- Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Powder Foundation in Natural Ochre: I tried all kinds of powder -- compact powder, two-way cake, loose powder, etc. But I have found the best and I'm sticking with this one FOREVER!!! :) I love, love, love this powder because it gives me maximum coverage without the heavy feeling of cake-y make-up. It also gives me a very natural look, and it's a perfect shade for my skin color.

Palladio Shimmer Strips: I got this one from another grandma for Christmas. Well, I like it because I've always wanted a highlighter / illuminator and I didn't have to buy one with my Christmas money! I've only used this twice, but I can already tell it's better than my mom's Seishido! Shh!

No comments:

Post a Comment