21 April 2011

KIKI!

I recently learned about the major "hoo-ha" caused by a Kiki numberplate. Read about the issue here.

I don't know about you, but don't you just find this ridiculous. I mean, I am a Filipina, and I do know what 'kiki' means in the Filipino language. But really? You have to create a commotion out of this, really?

I do not understand how this is a big deal, even for the Filipino community. I mean, films use the word 'kiki' all the time, usually referring to pets (e.g. Chihuahua) and they never get reprimanded for that. And then there's this one woman, who is self-confessed foreign to the Filipino language and culture, who was asked to explain how her childhood nickname ended up in a number plate. How confusingly ridiculous and humorous is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment