07 March 2011

Another night

I was home alone today. I'm attending a wedding on the 19th and I don't know if I'll be able to have a makeup artist paint my face so I have to be ready! The reception is going to be a fancy dinner and I'm going to wear a royal blue dress and I plan to do a smokey eye-nude lip makeup. I haven't practiced much doing a smokey eye so I took the time today. I was aiming for something like this:


Photo courtesy of Tumblr

But I failed. 

Instead, I got this look:






After the usual cleanse, tone, moisturize, I applied Maybelline New York Clear Smooth Aqua Gel Foundation in Natural Beige. This is the foundation I got myself for everyday use. What I like about this foundation is its water-based formula that doesn't appear cakey when applied to my skin. It's sheer, but it can also build up coverage. It's very light yet, it covers up imperfections and evens out skin tones.
Photo courtesy of Google Images

I then applied my usual powder foundation, Maybelline New York Clear Smooth Minerals powder foundation in Light Ochre. I used to buy a shade darker than this one but I realized that it's this shade that's perfect for my skin tone. I'm not going to get tired of saying that I love love love this product because of the coverage that it gives without giving me a heavy feeling.

Photo courtesy of Google Images

Completely forgetting to groom my eyebrows, I applied white eyeshadow as a base, silvery black eyeshadow on my lid and black eyeshadow on the outer corners and on my creases. On my left eye, I put a liquid liner on my lash line and on the right, I tried putting the same effect by applying black shadow using an eyeliner brush. I kinda failed with my right eye! I should remember to put eyeliner on my upper and lower waterline and a thin black shadow on the outer corner of my lower lash line. I also put white shadow on the inner corners of my eyes and I should remember to put a little more to let it stand out. Lastly, I put Maybelline New York The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara on my lashes before topping it off with falsies! 

For my lip, I used my favorite Revlon Matte Lipstick in Pink Pout

Photo courtesy of Google Images

I first tried this on while browsing makeup in a department store with my best friend, Grai. I instantly loved it! It gives me a baby pink-nude lip when worn on its own, perfect for when you want your eyes to stand out more. Also, although the stick is in matte, it doesn't dry out my lips even without wearing lip balm. In my picture above, I topped the lipstick off with Smashbox Muse Collection lip paint in Luminary

Photo courtesy of Google Images

I don't usually wear lip gloss on its own because I dislike the sticky feeling, but this lip paint is an exception. I love its creamy formula that allows it to glide smoothly over my lip for easy application. I just used this for a little emphasis on my lips since I opt to leave out blush. 



No comments:

Post a Comment