08 February 2011

Throw me the ball

Friday, February 4, 2011

I watched the PBA Finals game 6, with Talk n Text leading the series 3-2. It was a championship match - the texters doing their best to win the championship and the beermen fighting it out on the court to achieve a 3-3 match to get the trophy for Racela's last conference. Unfortunately, the Beermen lost it to a score of 95-82 in the fourth quarter.



The sea of red turned into a jumping sea of yellow as the Tropang Texters took the lead for the last time during the third quarter. Balloons finally flooded the audience when the stop clock reached 0:0.






Anyway, I went to join the team and management in their victory party in Saisaki Edsa.


This is my most memorable photo: a photo with PLDT, Meralco, Maynilad, and Smart Chairman, Manuel V. Pangilinan.


I said thank you after my papa took the photo and he said thank you in return :)


Jimmy Alapag, the TnT team captain who shared the MVP title with...


Jason Castro


Ryan Reyes, who struggled to get his wedding ring out of his pocket before taking pictures with the fans, played well in games 4, 5 and 6 despite the death of his younger brother. Everyone agreed he should've shared the MVP award with Alapag and Castro.




The players were asked to dance and party




Ryan Reyes, again, while giving out his speech.


With the championship trophy


Harvey Carey


The monstrous, Ali Peek, hahahaha


With Meralco's Team Manager, Virgil who listens to my amateur girly basketball game analyses and gives me high fives when I get it right haha


The handsome JD (Jared Dilinger) who looks better up close than on the playing court. He talks to the fans too, and seems kinda friendly compared to the other players.


Larry Fonacier, who I used to hate during his Alaska days because of the smug look on his face. But after his speech, I realized how insecure he was, being traded by the Aces after their championship last conference.



And lastly, Kelly Williams (carrying his child, Charlie), just before he left the place


So you see, I'm really a basketball fan. It's not solely just PBA, but basketball in general. I guess I just like the thrill of having good seats while these guys are battling it out on the court. If you give me any ball, I wouldn't know what to do with it. Hell, throw me one, and I wouldn't even be able to catch it. But I'd watch it any day. So forgive my boyish lameness :)



No comments:

Post a Comment