25 February 2011

Product Review: The Falsies Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara from Maybelline New York

Photo courtesy of Google Images


As you might know by now, I'm big on emphasizing my eyes. I like to put on false eyelashes even on just a regular day. That's why I love mascaras that give me that look. One mascara I really love is Zoom Fast Lash by Mac. I haven't tried any other mascara since the day I got it.

Anyway, one of papa's purchases for me from Australia was The Falsies Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara from Maybelline New York. I tried it on yesterday and I love the results! It did give me enough volume on my lashes which I loved. During my first application, I experienced clumping -- but only because of the excess product on the applicator. Another stroke took the clumps out. What I also loved about this mascara is its spoon brush that allows me to put mascara on all my lashes with just one coat.

The mascara also dries quickly upon application so that's a good thing if you're in a hurry. But if you're going for the dramatic look and putting on more than one coat, I suggest you don't let the mascara dry between coats because that will just make your lashes clump. But don't you worry, cause I don't think you'll be doing this often cause the product gives you full volume in just one coat!

The product claims that it would give you a look just as if you put on real falsies (how contradicting!), but I disagree. My lashes looked full and volumized, but it didn't look fake at all. Compared to my Mac mascara, I like how this has waterproof formula because I sweat a lot during the day so it didn't give me raccoon eyes.

All in all, I was once again impressed by another Maybelline product! Four and a half stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment