19 January 2011

Knowledge is power and power is corrupt, so study hard and stay evil

We need only to open our minds to hear our own wisdom. - Buddha
It's crazy how time flies by so fast, it just knocks you over when you least expect it -- and I'm not even doing anything. I should be having the time of my life really. Sounds cliche but it's so true when they say you'll never know what you have until it's gone. Honestly, taking a break from college is no joke. I've made my way through three years but I took everything for granted. I cut my classes, and I didn't do my very best to get the highest of grades I knew I was capable of achieving. I just marched into my classrooms, some of them I even had to drag myself to sit into for an hour and a half. Imagine, just an hour and a half devoted to learning something new everyday and I had to drag myself into it. I should've looked at it as some sort of blessing, but I didn't and that was clearly a mistake. When I get back to school, taking the course that I really want to take, I guarantee that I will be better than I ever was. It's just such a bummer that I happen to do this only now but it's never too late when you're talking about your future and the thing you really want to be doing for the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment